A high-risk pregnancy is one in which there is increased risk of health problems for either the mother or the unborn baby. A variety of health and lifestyle factors can lead a pregnancy to be labeled as high-risk, among them:
- A pregnancy involving twins, triplets or more
- A mother younger than 17 or older than 35
- A mother with a chronic health condition such as diabetes or hypertension
- A mother with a health condition tied to pregnancy such as gestational diabetes or preeclampsia
- A mother who uses drugs or alcohol
- A mother who has had multiple miscarriages
- A baby who has been diagnosed with a genetic problem
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you can rely on the doctors at Novant Health Bradford Clinic OB/GYN to provide the expert care you and your baby need. Your pregnancy might involve additional appointments or monitoring. Special plans might be made for your delivery to ensure the health of you and your baby.
If any of the risk factors above apply to you or if you have another concern about your pregnancy, please call our office at any of the numbers below. We are happy to answer your questions or schedule an appointment.
- Charlotte: 704-973-2106
- Matthews: 704-246-1846
- Ballantyne: 704-731-1014